Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scenario results for 4/2 and other notes

Our mercs managed to carry the day again, but not without casualties. Sadly the commander of the Mercenary company and Jons pilot both died due to head shots (luckily Jons character was unconscious at the time, so he never saw it coming). We are looking at about 2 games left in this arc, and then any surviving pilots can retire.

On another note I will not be running games the next two Saturdays, first because of my commitment at GASP and secondly for some family things. However Friar has mentioned running a game on the 16th though Ill let him comment with details

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so for this Saturday 2011/04/16, since the last few sessions have had a smaller number of players, I figure now is a good time to start working on small group tactics. Getting away from the "one pilot per player" thing. This will some-what be a play test for some campaign rules I'm working on.

    Each player will randomly generate a "mission objective" (from a table I'm working on) and then choose from a set of pregenerated units to use (balanced by BV2).

    I plan on it being everybody vrs everybody, but, depending on the number of players, I may split it up into separate battlefields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did want to say "Thank You" for everybody who tried last week's experiment. Also special apologies to Scotty, the more I think of how to balance the mission objectives, the more impossible the "King of the Hill" mission becomes unless the "hill" in question is ONLY 1 hex large. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.

    --Friar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am unable to play tomorrow. Friend's laptop is down and I am going to try to fix it.

    Regarding the "King of the Hill" - I had fun. Didn't care that I got the primary objective. I think having to remain alone on the hill for 3 turns was a bit of a problem. Perhaps if the unit is uncontested (i.e., shot at) for three turns or no opposing unit enters a 3 hex radius around the "King" for 3 turns, the primary objective is met. Also lights and mediums are not good units to use in "King". A heavy or assault unit can withstand the punishment for 3 turns better than the lighter classes.

    ReplyDelete